Operating Partners are retained members of the Glengary team. As such, they are available to perform due diligence on prospective client companies, review client company data, assist other Operating Partners with existing client companies, manage one (or more) client companies for a specific period of time and participate in various pursuits with our Educational Partner.
Our Operating Partners have been former CEO, COO or Operational EVPs of a consolidated company, family-owned business or a successful start-up company that was sold, spun-off or merged, and are:
- Established and accomplished business professionals,
- Team-oriented, embodying a participative management style; willing to take time to educate entrepreneurs (and involve them in the process of making decisions), while running the business,
- Process-oriented, multi-skilled in all aspects of managing a business, but not necessarily possessing specific "technology" or "industry" experience,
- Seeking participation in an enterprise that combines an economic and community value creation process, benefiting the Greater Cleveland and Northeast Ohio regions,
- Capable and willing to invest capital in Glengary and invest time in Glengary for the specific purpose of enhancing Glengary's investment in a particular client company,
- Available to commit significant weekday time (as needed) to review investment opportunities, tour facilities and projects and potentially manage one or more client companies,
- Available to attend regularly scheduled Operating Partner meetings,
- Willing to be compensated partially with equity in Glengary in lieu of significant or consistent current income, and
- Committed to Northeast Ohio.